Sorry it's been so long since my last update, it's been awhile since I have had time to get to a computer.
We are in Virginia now! Actually, we have been in Virginia for a little while. On October 9, 3 months and 1 day after we began on Mt. Kathadin, we got to Harper's Ferry, home of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. There we officially registered as SOBOs. I was the 79th SOBO to go through this year. Being at the ATC meant that our hike truly became official, and it was the first time I truly realized the immensity of what I set out to do. Our pictures and information will be in the archives at the ATC forever (whether I finish or not, but I'm definitely finishing!) and that makes everything feel more real.
That night in Harper's Ferry, my Uncle Jim came and picked up Addison, Churchill and I for a night in a bed, and some college football! I'll never forget when he walked through the door of the ATC, as he had found us without even calling me, definitely a highlight of the trip, especially with the slack pack Aunt Maureen took us on the next day! It was definitely good getting to see more family. It was even better when I got to eat Firehouse Subs for the first time in over 3 months!
The Monday we left Uncle Jim and Aunt Maureen, we went and spent the week with Addison's parents. They drove up from Mississippi, picked us up and took us to a campground in Shenandoah National Park. They fed us a ton of good food, took us on a slack pack, and gave us time to really relax. It was wonderful, thank you Shocks!
Since then, we have been making miles through Virginia. We are currently in Glascow, having gone through all of Shenandoah and heading further and further south. My main goal now is to be in Hot Springs, NC in a month, enjoying Thanksgiving with the family!
Anyways, I hope that I can get to a computer again soon and keep you all updated, thanks for all of the support!
Tail End
No comments:
Post a Comment